Sugar Land, TX News (September 16, 2014) – At the August 18 Board meeting, the Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustees called a $484 million bond election for November 4, 2014 to address the District’s growth, to provide safety and security improvements, and to upgrade the District’s technology infrastructure. Fort Bend ISD invites community members, parents, guardians and students to attend one of 12 Town Hall meetings to be held starting Tuesday, September 30 to learn more about the FBISD Nov. 4, 2014 Bond.
October 6 is the last day to register to vote in the Nov. 4 election. For more information about registering to vote, check with Fort Bend County Elections at http://www.fortbendcountytx.gov/, under Departments/County Services/Elections.
Fort Bend ISD Town Hall Meeting times and meeting locations include:
*Spanish translators available.
Tuesday, September 30
- Kempner High School Auditorium (14777 Voss Road, Sugar Land 77498) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- *Marshall High School Auditorium (1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City 77489) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 1
- Ridge Point High School Auditorium (500 Waters Lake Blvd., Missouri City 77459) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Sartartia Middle School Commons (8125 Homeward Way, Sugar Land 77479) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 2
- Fort Settlement Middle School Commons (5440 Elkins Road, Sugar Land 77479) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- DullesHigh School Auditorium (550 Dulles Avenue, Sugar Land 77478) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 8
- Bush High School Auditorium (6707 FM 1464, Richmond 77407) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Elkins High School Auditorium (7007 Knights Court, Missouri City 77459) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 14
- Travis High School Auditorium (11111 Harlem Road, Richmond 77406) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- First Colony Middle School Commons (3225 Austin Parkway Sugar Land, 77479) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 16
- Hightower High School Auditorium (3333 Hurricane Lane, Missouri City 77459) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Willowridge High School Auditorium (16301 Chimney Rock, Houston 77053) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Nov. 4, 2014 Bond and more information, please go to fortbendisd.com.
Please plan to attend one of these important meetings.